The student news site of Rockhurst University

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

The Sentinel

Hawk Feature: Reginald Jeffrey

Photo provided by Rockhurst University.

Senior Reginald Jeffrey’s goal during his college experience was to pour as much into Rockhurst as he could. While he is known for being a fantastic resident assistant, serving as the Student Senate president and being a standout student, his most telling attributes are that he is a smiling face and friend to all at Rockhurst.

While Jefferey is studying mechanical engineering, many of his classes are across the street at UMKC as it is a joint program between the two institutions. Due to this, he had to make an extra effort to make an impact on Rockhurst, which he most certainly did.

Jeffrey helps to build the community on campus by supporting clubs and opportunities that everyone can be proud of. His natural leadership stems from his helping and generous hand. As a third-year resident assistant, currently in the THVs, Jeffrey has become a guiding role model for freshmen.

“No matter what I was doing in life or how I thought everything was going, my residents made me feel as if I was on the right track. They always reassured me that they were just as much there for me, as I was there for them,” said Jefferey.

The impact of the bonds between Jeffrey and his residents will leave lasting memories of joy, laughter and friendship for both parties.

Jeffrey also leads Rockhurst’s Student Senate as president, driven by the needs and wants of the student body.

“Student Senate has been a place where I can express myself and work toward something I believe in,” said Jefferey.

As the end of the term approaches, Jeffrey takes prides in the environment he has created at the university through leading Student Senate and hopes that it will continue to last in the future. While reflecting on his time in Student Senate, he recalls his favorite memory of himself and Jack Del Vecchio dressing up as the Grinch and Santa Claus during Midnight Breakfast.

As graduation approaches, Reginald Jeffrey is excited to begin his career working in construction as a Project Engineer at J.E. Dunn. Looking back at his involvement, Jefferey believes that he poured his passion, heart and energy into leaving a lasting impact on Rockhurst. The effect of his dedication can be seen in the connections he has made and all he has accomplished.