“Young the Giant” will headline 2019 Rockstock spring concert

Lexi Venable, Staff Writer

In Arrupe Auditorium on Tuesday night, Rockhurst’s Student Activities Board hosted their annual “Rockstock Reveal” – the event at which the spring concert musical performer is unveiled.

The results are in – Young the Giant will be performing at the 2019 “Rockstock” concert. Young the Giant is an American rock band known for the songs “Apartment” (2010) and “Cough Syrup” (2010). The band’s members are Sameer Gadhia, Jacob Tilley, Eric Cannata, Payam Dooztzadeh and Francois Comtois.

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Upon hearing the act for this year, many Rockhurst students are excited about the headliner.

“Young the Giant has a very interesting sound that I know all of the students are going to enjoy. I can’t wait to see them live!” said Leah Stufflebean, ’22.

Freshman Josie Menghini said, “When I first heard who was coming, I honestly had no idea who they were. After I listened to a few songs, I think they seem like a pretty cool band, so I’m very excited.”

Natalia Kruszczak, ’21, SAB’s current Concert Chair, explained that the week leading up to Rockstock is known as “Hawk Wild Week.” By hosting daily events on campus, Hawk Wild Week is a way to get students excited for the concert.

The concert will be held on Friday, May 3 at 9:00 p.m. Weather permitting, the venue for the event is Lower Bourke Field. This event is free for all Rockhurst students, faculty and staff. Students may bring up to 2 guests, as long as they are registered ahead of time.

Interested in joining the Sentinel staff? Contact our Editor, Kori Hines, at [email protected] to see how you can get involved.