Rockhurst ranked No. 11 on regional list for best colleges

Ryan Crawford, Editor-in-Chief

U.S. News and World Report ranked Rockhurst University as the 11th-best college on its annual regional rankings list for the Midwest. Last year, Rockhurst was slotted at No. 15 on the same list. Rockhurst is the highest-ranked higher education institution located in Kansas City on the list.

Rockhurst’s business school, the Helzberg School of Management, was recognized for their exceptional programs, too. The undergraduate management program was ranked in a list of similar programs as the 11th-best in the Midwest, tied with Notre Dame. Similarly, the Helzberg School’s undergraduate quantitative analysis program tied with Texas-Austin at No. 9.

“This is great news for our students, our faculty and our alumni,” said Doug Dunham, Ph.D., vice president for academic affairs via rockhurst.edu. “I believe these rankings reflect the incredible work the University community continues each day, in the spirit of our Jesuit core value of magis, to collectively strive for more.”

Schools that ranked higher than Rockhurst on the list for top Midwest universities were: Creighton University, Butler University, Drake University, Valparaiso University, Xavier University, John Carroll University, Bradley University, Truman State, Evansville University and North Central College. Rockhurst was tied for 11th with Bethel University, Elmhurst College, Milwaukee School of Engineering and St. Catherine University.

Interested in joining the Sentinel staff? Reach out to our Editor-in-Chief, Ryan Crawford, at [email protected] to see how you can get involved.