The Sentinel

Chubby’s in Kansas City is a must-visit diner with great food and atmosphere

Image Credit: Weewok.com

Image Credit: Weewok.com

Image Credit: Weewok.com

Celina Ornelas, Staff Writer

When entering Chubby’s on Broadway, you enter into a time vortex and are immediately transported to an old time diner with jukeboxes and decorations to match.

There were a variety of options and is a perfect place to eat if wanting to have a genuine diner dinner. The opening appetizer for a late-night meal was cinnamon rolls, warm and fresh. The thing I liked about these cinnamon rolls was that they were big, not like your regular box sized cinnamon rolls.

No.

These were as big as a medium-sized dinner plate. They were warm and gooey and the frosting was running down the sides and was delicious. I would suggest getting a glass of milk because the cinnamon is a bit too overpowering and sugary but other than that it was one of the things I enjoyed and I’ve only ever had a cinnamon roll once before this.

My breakfast plate, which by the way breakfast is served all throughout the day, was delicious and I had enough for a doggy bag that I could take it back to my dorm and eat it for the next day. I ordered scrambled eggs that were well done. The eggs were real because unlike college cafeteria food you could see the egg whites.

It had hash-browns as a side and they were golden brown and amazing. The slices of bacon that I ordered were crispy and mouth-watering. Overall the breakfast was delicious, it took up the whole plate and it was less than $20. That was a deal and it didn’t break my bank account, which was something I’m thankful for as a broke college student.

Something that I didn’t like was the waiting time for my food, however, I saw that they were in between shifts when I arrived. Also, there weren’t a lot of waiters so I can understand why waiters were a rarity.

I loved everything from Chubby’s. All items on their menu are served daily and the prices, as well as any specials they have, are affordable both for struggling college students and family meals.

Nothing can beat a good old-fashioned diner experience without good music and this place certainly had it.