The Sentinel

You’ll find the most haunted KC attraction in the middle of the woods

Image via Exiled Facebook page.

Image via Exiled Facebook page.

Image via Exiled Facebook page.

Erin Spelger, Staff Writer

Looking for something spooky to do on Halloween? “Exiled: The Trail of Terrors” isolates its visitors in the woods, forcing them to find their way through the outdoor haunted house.

Exiled is a mile-long hike through the woods filled with creepy characters ready to scare your pants off. The official website warns that participants need to be prepared to walk up hills, stoop and crawl.

They supply red flashlights and prohibit guests from using lighting from cellphones or photography.

In addition to the beasts hired to haunt you, the trail is also complemented by bugs, animals, hidden rocks and other natural obstacles to keep you on your toes.

The attraction is open from Oct. 26 to Oct. 29 from 7:30 p.m. to midnight. It will reopen on Oct. 31 for Halloween during the same time frame, and for its last weekend, it will be open from 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Nov. 3 and 4.

Tickets can be purchased for $25 online to be picked up onsite. The online ticket will be valid for any date. Located at 12829 Loring Road, Bonner Springs, KS 66012, near ZipKC, Exiled is about half an hour away from the Rockhurst University campus, so plan accordingly.

Immerse yourself in nature, and enjoy the experience of this real-life horror movie.