The Sentinel

Rockhurst provides a Safe Trick-or-Treat for nearby kids

Nyoko Morgan, Staff Writer

October 31, 2018

Are you a Rockhurst student looking for plans tonight? Do you want to earn service hours? Then you can assist children and families with the annual trick-or-treat event that is hosted in Rockhurst’s on-campus community center. Safe...

The philosophy department expands with two new concentrations

Kori Hines, Editor-in-Chief

October 31, 2018

The philosophy department has added two new options for students in their department – a bioethics track and a social justice track. These concentrations provide students with opportunities to conduct research and develop...

A mentalist plays with students’ minds

Lexi Venable, Staff Writer

October 29, 2018

On Monday, Oct. 8, Sean Bott took more than just the interest of Rockhurst students – he took their very thoughts. Bott, a mentalist performer from Salt Lake City, is no stranger to the mind-reading career. This is his ni...

Homecoming week, there’s still time to join the festivities

Nyoko Morgan, Staff Writer

October 11, 2018

The month of October brings the excitement of fall, pumpkin-spice lattes and Halloween but, most importantly, it brings homecoming. The formal fall dance will be held this Friday at 8 p.m. To add to the excitement of the event,...

9 Things you need to know about voting as a Rockhurst student

Kori Hines, Editor-in-Chief

October 3, 2018

Election day is about a month away, but there’s still time to get the essential information you need to be an informed voter. Whether you’re looking for election resources or you’re attending Rockhurst away from your home...

One small step for Rockhurst, one big LEAP for Earth

Mary Grace Harris, Staff Writer

August 20, 2018

The surface area of Earth 197 million square miles, with roughly 30 percent covered by land and the remaining 70 percent by water. When it comes to our oceans, though, up to 90 percent of those waters are polluted with plastic...

The student news site of Rockhurst University
Campus