Bellhops to Provide Unique Job Opportunity for Students

Kayt Dahn, Editor-in-Chief

Moving is often thought of as one of the most stressful life events, but Bellhops has made it their mission to change that. The concept of Bellhops is simple, hire college students to do the heavy lifting, and so is the process. People can go online and request to have Bellhops come and help them move. The company currently services over 120 cities in the US, including Kansas City.

The Kansas City branch employs Rockhurst students, and plans to hire more in the next year. In 2014 Bellhops hired nearly 60 Rockhurst students. Junior Graham Jewell is the market director for Kansas and in charge of recruiting and hiring Rockhurst students.

“It has been a great experience working for Bellhops and I have a lot of fun working with the Rockhurst students that join our team,” said Jewell.

Co-founder Cameron Doody anticipates hiring another 60 Rockhurst students this year.

“We’ll continue to recruit hiring hard-working, passionate college students at Rockhurst who want real responsibility and the good pay that comes along with it,” said Doody.

According to Bellhops, students are paid based on the size of the moving job, and can make up to 15 dollars an hour, plus tips. Jobs are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Bellhops’ students can then log in and claim a job, enabling them to work as much or as little as they would like.

“The availability is great because our Bellhops can work 4 jobs in a week and make a lot of money, or work no jobs in a month if their schedule gets crazy. It’s really flexible and the perfect job for a college student,” said Jewell.

The job opportunities in the company don’t stop there however. The company offers internships at their headquarters. This year they will be hiring 30 interns, all of which they are anticipating being former Bellhops. Currently over 25 percent of Bellhop employees at headquarters were also at one point Bellhops.

“We’re giving all of them an enormous amount of responsibility too,” said Doody. “They’re involved in business development, strategy building, and creative execution”.

Students who are interested in working for Bellhops should apply at getbellhops.com, or contact Graham Jewell at [email protected]